The Administrative Assistant is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Requires knowledge and experience in customer service and administrative support. Has the primary responsibility for administratively supporting various departments and for providing a quality service environment. Working with automated systems, computer and file record systems, word processing, and data entry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Act as a positive role model and team player in all programmatic and organizational activities.
3. Provide supreme customer services, always being courteous, responsive, professional, and helpful to the organization’s internal and external customers.
4. Assist staff by answering telephone, filing, making copies, email, scheduling meetings and conferences, and faxing documents.
5. Assist with data collection and data entry.
6. Actively monitor and provide feedback on assigned budget line items.
7. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
8. Assist with office maintenance, which may include assigned tasks indoors and outdoors.
9. Work both independently and as a part of a team.
10. Assist in other administrative activities or perform other functions as deemed appropriate and assigned by supervisor.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or GED required
2. Office Management Courses preferred
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal format to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to use word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphic computer programs.
5. Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude, with capability to deal effectively with all people.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One year of clerical experience in an office setting
2. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the use of technological advances that include, but is not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, fax/copy machines, cell phones, etc.
3. Ability to interact effectively with local and state government representatives, individuals, staff, referral sources, and other designated individuals.