The Lead Social Worker is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for supervising Social Workers and Case Aides as part of an interdisciplinary team. Will provide staff development as well as assessment, counseling, and treatment to consumers residing in Hope Network Behavioral Health homes and programs. The Lead Social Worker will work with other members of the Clinical Team to research and develop state of the art treatment with specialty population(s) such as: those with personality disorders, sex offender issues and dual diagnosis. They will be responsible for tracking of outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Interdisciplinary Team/Administrative:
a. Collaborate with treatment team members (internal & external) regarding consumers’ progress through interdisciplinary team meetings, record review, and informal discussions.
b. Participate regularly in departmental and staff meetings, and serve on program or organizational committees as time and workload permits.
c. Participate in committees, task forces, and other related meetings and activities as assigned by Program Director.
3. Clinical Responsibilities - Behavioral Programming:
a. Develop appropriate behavior contingency management systems on campus and within milieu based on scientific knowledge of human behavior and learning, utilizing least restrictive interventions and procedures, and the Person Centered Planning (PCP) process.
b. Participate with the clinical team on the writing and presenting of assigned Behavioral Management Plans (BMP).
c. Participate with the clinical team on monthly monitoring of assigned behavior management plan goals.
d. Regular participation in DBT/Clinical consultation groups.
e. Attend PCP meetings as appropriate.
f. Participate in the HNBHS internal Behavior Management Committee (BMC).
g. Adhere to all BMC, PCP, and Agency requirements for behavioral programming and management.
h. Complete Service Activity Logs (SALs) and progress notes within 48 hours of contact with a consumer.
i. Be a part of the clinical team that provides debriefing individually or as a group when crisis incidents have occurred or distress is high due to pervasive, long term, challenging behaviors.
j. Provide consultation to Program Managers and staff regarding creation of milieu target behaviors and utilizing teachable moments for “natural” learning.
4. Program and Clinical Responsibilities – Other:
a. Participate in the referral/intake process when necessary/appropriate.
b. Provide therapy to individual consumers as dictated by the appropriate program model.
c. Responsible for developing and coordinating trainings as related to the program model and other topics pertinent to modalities.
d. Participate in resident BMP reviews and team meetings, as appropriate.
e. Assist with Placement process, as assigned by Program Director.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited university or institution of higher learning in Psychology or Social Work.
2. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW).
3. Analytical skills necessary to synthesize a variety of clinical and social data for appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation.
4. Interpersonal relationship skills necessary to relate to a variety of internal and external contacts in the social sphere of the consumer being served.
5. Current driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network insurance carrier definitions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior case management experience in a mental health required.
2. Three (3) years prior employment experience in a human service area, including behavioral analysis and programming experience.