The Production Inventory Clerk I is a key associate at Hope Network Industries whose primary responsibilities include: Responsible for inventory and materials used at HNI. Must possess a ‘can-do’ attitude working in a team environment and be self-motivated to see and act on necessary changes and improvements. Responsible to work with the Materials team to ensure that Production Inventory Clerk II’s are adequately trained in tasks assigned.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Promote, demonstrate and maintain positive communication within different departments at HNI.
3. Collaborate with team to resolve issues.
4. Must be able to teach new skills and correct techniques with patience and a positive attitude.
5. Follow all Hope Network policies and procedures including the Hope Network Industries Workplace Guide and all Good Manufacturing Practices, GMP’s.
6. Keep work area safe and clear of safety hazards. Be familiar with OSHA standards and report all safety issues and accidents to a Production Coordinator.
7. Complete course training and pass Nulogy University tests in the following Pack Manager role: Trouble shooting, Complete Move In Live , Closing and Opening a job, Take Out the Trash, generating disposal tags, reporting Scrap, and incoming pallets and finished goods.
8. Must demonstrate the ability to access and use/understand LPN log (for production reported today), Pallet Aging RAW, Pallet Aging FG, Reconciles, Material transaction history, Adjustment transaction history by item, Pallet transaction history by LPN, Inventory Transaction history, Schedule, Visual Control Board, and Recall.
9. Take ownership of material flow into and out of production area. Train and assist in keeping production inventory organized by identifying components with accurate counts and identification of materials. Identify and share information about components such as date codes transitions with Team leaders before production starts to reduce/eliminate errors. Troubleshoot WIP/lot code errors and resolve prior to production.
10. Facilitate LPN creation/application.
11. Alerts Hilo drivers when needed to move pallets from production area to the wrapper with the goal of optimizing production throughput with no downtime.
12. Troubleshoot WIP/lot code errors
13. Work closely with the Materials team to create job instructions, flow charts, etc. to assist with training including training of a backup.
14. Monitor inventory system and call out concerns or issues during production to ensure reporting is accurate and inventory transactions are real time best as possible.
15. Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team for the accomplishment of the department and agency mission and goals.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Ability to successfully create a positive team and work environment, demonstrate positive attitude and ability to be a role model for employees.
2. Must be able to work in a professional manner and show respect to all employees, consumers, guests and customers.
3. Ability to demonstrate and explain the expected “work personality” that will achieve productivity expectations and professionalism.
4. Excellent math, communication, and customer service skills.
5. Good planning and prediction skills (estimating length of time required, number of works, deadlines, etc.).
6. Must be able to perform all competencies required of the production workers and trainers.
7. Must be computer literate with ability to learn Nulogy Pack Manager software and Microsoft Excel.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Experience at Hope Network Industries and understanding of Hope Network’s mission.
2. Must be able to perform all competencies required of the production workers and trainers.
3. Demonstrated desire to want to grow with Hope Network and continue learning.
4. Demonstrated ability to approach people with a teaching attitude rather than an attitude of superiority.
5. Must be able to perform all competencies required of the production workers and trainers.
6. Must be an employee in good standing with Hope Network.