The Assistant Shift Manager is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: assisting management by directing, mentoring, and coaching a diverse group of personnel; coordinating treatment, developing and implementing program plans and activities which meet the overall mission goals and objectives, and ensuring a high level of customer service, quality of care, and a healthy and safe working and living environment for consumers and staff. The Assistant Shift Manager provides counseling, coaching, and mentoring to staff members while working hands on as a direct care provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1) Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2) Complete all direct care providing staff responsibilities for the program as outlined in the applicable job description.
3) Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff members, orienting and training employees in maintaining a safe, secure, environment for consumers and staff members.
4) Provides key input for performance evaluations for Direct Support Professionals within assigned programs.
5) Serves as a communication liason between program leadership and Direct Support Professionals by representing staff members during treatment team meetings, maintaining a strong working relationship with the clinical team, and coordinating with Program Managers to ensure staff member questions/concerns are included in monthly staff meeting agendas.
6) Provide and document verbal coaching to Direct Support Professionals as needed.
7) Monitors, evaluates, makes recommendations, and assists in implementing changes as needed to meet program requirements, policies, procedures, and standards while maintaining a high quality of consumer care and service.
8) Participates in the development of and implements interactive team building activities/programs.
9) Serves as a safety officer for programs assigned, ensuring all internal monthly quality audits and safety drills within the facility are completed while consulting with the Program Manager and Quality and Experience Coordinator regarding any concerns or recommendations for improvement.
10) Understands policies and requirements of outside agencies and takes action, under guidance of the Program Manager, to meet the program standards for residential programs/facilities, ensuring each assigned program is in compliance.
11) Performs frequent audits of written and eCare documentation: notifies responsible parties of pending renewal/expiration dates; checks for missing data following up with staff member responsible to ensure timely correction when needed.
12) Submit facility work orders as needed for each assigned program.
13) Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma/ GED required.
2. Current driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Behavioral Health Services corporate policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One or more years of experience in a high acuity residential setting preferred.