The overall purpose of Rehab Social Worker I is to assist in the provision of Social Work services to consumers and families, in individual and group modalities, to include evaluation, treatment planning, family services, discharge planning, and resource development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Conduct psychosocial assessments with individuals and families and document this information in the Social Work evaluation.
3. Serve as a member of the inter-disciplinary team to provide pertinent psychosocial information and an assessment of the family’s ability to understand and cope with the consumer’s challenges. Provide assurance to family that the team is working toward the consumer’s goals.
4. Serve as a primary therapist as assigned to provide and/or coordinate psycho-emotional services to individuals. These services may include, but are not limited to:
• Resource Development
• Individual and family counseling
• Substance Abuse intervention and education
• Primary contact for family members
• Information and referral
• Referral to specialized treatment, such as substance abuse counseling, spirituality counseling, etc.
• Crisis management
• Consumer and family education
• Discharge planning
• Psychosocial consultation to other staff members
5. Serve as primary family contact person. These services may include, but are not limited to:
• Individual/Group/Family counseling
• Dissemination of essential information regarding family
• Parenting skills training
• Family advocacy
• Crisis intervention
• Substance Abuse intervention and education
• Referral to community support resources
• Assistance with discharge planning
• Assist families/Guardian/Caseworker with SSDI/Medicaid applications/medical benefits.
• Assist families with housing opportunities
6. Serves as facilitator for groups related to psychosocial subjects.
7. Provides consultation and training to staff through in-services regarding inter-personal, social and behavioral functioning of individuals/families.
8. Facilitates clinical reviews and team meetings as applicable/assigned.
9. Assist and/or lead in program development, particularly in the areas of psychosocial curriculum and family services.
10. May serve as case manager when assigned to coordinate both internal and external services provided to individuals and families.
11. Assist with annual revisions/updates to the Family Resource Notebook.
12. Encourages good communication with internal and external (referral and funding sources) disciplines/persons. Portrays a positive professional image. Communicates appropriate information to supervisor.
13. Determines funding parameters, documents own activities and submits for billing. Insures timely completion of all clinical reports and daily billing sheets. Complete weekly productivity.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Responsibilities-Non Essential
1. May supervise interns and volunteers.
2. May serve as on-call emergency contact for both residential and community individuals on a rotating basis.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
(Please list the minimum education requirements for this position and then the Talent (skill) sets that are required or preferred in parentheses) 5 talents (skills) required
1. Minimum Education required: Master’s degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) from an accredited school.
2. Licensed as a Social Worker by the State of Michigan. (May accept LLMSW with the expectation to be fully licensed within one year of employment.)
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff. Sensitivity to complex organizational and interpersonal dynamics.
6. Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
(Please list the amount of years of experience that is expected for this position, along with specific previous work experience demonstrated related to this job description)
1. At least two years of experience in a health/human service field with an emphasis in rehabilitation.
2. Experience coordinating care and facilitating communication between caregivers and families.
3. Demonstrated ability in creating accurate and detailed notes/records.
4. Demonstrated ability in leading a team and providing direction.
5. Demonstrated problem solving skills.