ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Perform routine, skilled painting tasks including but not limited to: paint scraping, crack and hole filling., joint compound application, sanding, priming and painting various building surfaces. Also need the necessary documentation and completion within Hope Network guidelines.
3. Strong problem solving skills to determine needed repairs and finishes.
4. Fill cracks, holes and joints with joint compound, putty, caulk, or other fillers as necessary and sanding of applied fillers as necessary
5. Clean, prep and prime walls to ensure proper finish adherence.
6. Mix, match and apply paints and finishes to surfaces.
7. Cover areas not being painted to insure protection from paint splatter. Tape off areas where needed.
8. Move furniture and equipment as necessary, remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, electric switch covers prior to painting
9. Calculate amounts of required materials and estimated costs
10. Use a variety of hand and power tools and material in performing duties.
11. Purchase quality brushes, roller covers and associated equipment.
12. Apply several coats according to paint directions as necessary. Apply touchups.
13. Work on ladders to reach ceilings and high walls.
14. Utilize spray guns for large jobs.
15. Remove paint splatters when finished, clean up work area, replace items that were moved and clean all painting equipment used.
16. Detect faulty operations or defective material and report those and any unusual situations to your supervisor.
17. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
18. Additional departmental responsibilities/duties as assigned.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Pro-active problem solving skills and techniques to prevent improper application of finishes.
2. Must comply with MIOSHA regulations.