The CBS-Transportation Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The CBS-Transportation Specialist is responsible for transporting passengers in a safe and courteous manner on a daily basis to and from programming and special routes as needed to help the flow of service delivery. They are also responsible to ensure the safety of passengers, the general public, and Hope Network property. Included in responisbilities is supporting the rest of the transportation staff and helping monitor safety needs of the entire fleet of vehicles with daily and weekly inspections of all program vehicles. Providing Vocational and or Community Living Support programming both community and facility based durring non-transit times will be required of this position on aregular basis depending on programming needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Perform job duties in a safe, courteous and professional manner in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. The ability to work variable shifts, and is available for overtime to meet service needs.
4. Maintains a safe environment by complying with traffic regulations; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations, and enforcing consumer safety/conduct rules.
5. Provide input as requested in the development of the consumer’s treatment plans and goals.
6. Provide thorough, accurate, and on-time observational data and document using electronic record according to Agency standards.
7. Represents Hope Network in a professional and positive manner and ensures a positive consumer experience.
8. When transporting to and from programming, assists consumers as needed or as requested. Verifies that all passengers are properly secured as required by following established policies and procedures.
9. Follows proper emergency procedures in the event of an accident, safety, and or consumer incident by reporting according to established policies and procedures.
10. Maintains driving knowledge and skills by participating in safety and related training programs that are made available. Adheres to Hope Network and program specific attendance policy.
11. Maintaining accurate records, assisting passengers as required including wheelchair securements, receiving and accounting for fares, radio communications, following emergency procedures, and other activities as assigned by the Program Manager.
12. Contributes to the team effort by training assigned employees, participating in problem solving methods, and maintaining a cooperative relationship with coworkers and management.
13. Completes daily and weekly safety inspecitions of all program vehicles and fuels vehicle as necessary.
14. Coordinate and schedule program vehicle fleets maintenance as needed. This involves monthly,quarterly, and annually maintenence.
15. Assist with scheduling transportation needs/schedules/routes to ensure route is efficient and consumers experience the shortest ride possible.
16. Ability to complete training and usage of transportation software with the ability to support and provide back up as needed.
17. Complete all assigned trainings for transportation and all DHHS trainings to be able to support Skill Building and Community Living Support programming during non transport times. This includes MANDT training and other local CMH specific trainings.
18. Other departmental duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: High School Diploma and 2-3 years of related experience working with persons with disabilities preferred.
2. Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to energize and coordinate diverse populations.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills.
4. High degree of self-direction and self-motivation.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with people with developmental and other disabilities.
6. Ability to be self-directed.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong omputer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
8. Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Chauffer’s license.
9. Must have acceptable driving record according to Hope Network’s insurance definitions.
10. Ability to keep mentally alert and maintain concentration.
11. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
12. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
13. Ability to operate transit vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
14. Ability to demonstrate cooperation, teamwork and communication skills necessary to accomplish the department and agency mission and goals.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 2 years related job experience preferred.
2. 2-3 year experience working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and or Mental Illness preferred.