The Program Nurse-RN is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: quality and efficiency of nurse related operations. This includes the facilitation and/or coordination of the medication administration and direct individual health care program of residents. Responsible for the initial and on-going education of direct care staff in relevant health care areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Provide education to direct care staff and residents in all relevant health care related areas as needed.
3. Provide guidance and direction in the administration (including medication-passing checks) procurement, and evaluation of individual medications. Monitor the purpose and response to medications, communicating with the prescriber as needed.
4. Proactively monitor and treat chronic and emergency medical conditions and illnesses within the advisement of affiliate medical providers.
5. Develop healthcare goals in collaboration with Case Holder to ensure inclusion in Individual Plan of Service (IPOS) when necessary. Provide staff with all appropriate information to carry out these goals.
6. Attend Person Centered Planning meetings as requested.
7. Act as general consultant on medical and health related issues of the residents.
8. Assess resident health needs by performing admission and annual nurse and health assessments. Conduct or insure that quarterly AIMS testing is completed as required. Monitor and/or schedule laboratory tests and examinations in conjunction with program policy.
9. Completes face-face-billable services and activity logs in accordance with established productivity rates.
10. Document medical treatment and health status in resident records for continuity of care and treatment team reference per regulatory standards.
11. Communicate relevant medical issues with all affiliated medical provider(s) and applicable program management.
12. Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff to facilitate communications, problem solving, and program development.
13. Ensure medical compliance with all regulatory bodies (i.e. OSHA, licensing, CARF, etc.).
14. Participate in the development and monitoring of professional nurse services within the agency.
15. Attend medication review meetings with psychiatrist and/or physicians as designated.
16. Participate in the appropriate nurse “on-call” rotation. Provide input to the periodic review of the on-call system.
17. Provide supervision for LPN’s, MA’s and/or student nurse programs as required.
18. Assist with providing nurse services to homes without an assigned nurse as needed. This also includes covering for leaves of absence and approved vacation time of other nurses.
19. Be familiar with relative corporate and departmental policies and procedures, ensuring that these policies and procedures are followed.
20. Enforce all safety guidelines for residents. Follow general safety practices. Report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Valid driver’s license required according to Hope Network policy.
3. Positive attitude and communication skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in providing medical treatment services within specialized rehabilitation setting.
2. Prior mental health experience preferred.