The Shift Supervisor is a key associate at Hope Network. This is a newly created position as part of our Talent Management Initiatives, Invest In Our People. It allows for career pathing and succession planning. The Shift Supervisor will be coached/mentored by a seasoned Program Director while acclimating to the position. Shift Supervisor primary responsibilities include: Responsible for the overall management of specific Hope Network Behavioral Health Services. Coordinate services necessary to meet client needs through provision of service, treatment and supervision of all services provided by staff and contractors. Participate in the development of new and existing programs. Responsible to ensure that facilities and documentation meet applicable licensing rules, accreditation standards, and contract requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Acts as a positive role model and coach for program staff and persons being served in all programmatic and organizational activity.
3. Acts in a helpful and professional manner with internal and external customers.
4. Leads and supervises program staff.
5. Manages program budget within designated guidelines.
6. Actively monitors and provides feedback on assigned budget line item.
7. Works towards personnel and professional goals and objectives.
8. Recruits, hires, and develops program staff.
9. Works independently and as part of the team.
10. Thinks and acts creatively.
11. Oversees the implementation of the Person Centered Plan.
12. Makes recommendations concerning treatment planning to the clinical team and participates in Person Centered Planning. Documents on the progress toward goals and objectives.
13. Sees that program staff write monthly consumer up-dates to the consumer’s family, advocate, or appointed designee.
14. Identifies, prioritizes and initiates activity.
15. Completes any program-centered paperwork in a timely manner.
16. Dispenses, administers, and monitors medication and medication program.
17. Assists and oversees that house maintenance, which may include assigned tasks indoors and outdoors, is completed in a timely manner.
18. Demonstrates diversity competence.
19. Leads and participates in staff meetings.
20. Adheres to a high level of health and safety practices in both physical facilities and corporate vehicles.
21. On-call 24/7 and is able to respond in emergency situations.
22. Coordinates all scheduled activities and community based outings.
23. Oversees the implementation of the activity calendar. Ensures all residents have the opportunity for their personal outing day. Ensures all weekly/monthly activity forms are complete.
24. Performs any other function deemed appropriate and assigned by the supervisor.
25. Monitors progress toward client and program goals and objectives.
26. Provides, assists, and monitors transportation.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associate’s Degree in related field from an accredited institution is preferred. Candidacy in an accredited Associate Degree program and comparable related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
2. 2 yrs related experience in lieu of degree acceptable
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal format to meet the position responsibilities.
4. Valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to Hope Network, SE policy.
5. Demonstrate good moral character and even temperament necessary to gain and maintain credibility and trust of persons served and co-workers.
6. Ability to work under challenging conditions.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 2 years’ experience in related human service area, with a minimum of 1 year in community housing services.