ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Facilitate and/or lead individual/group activities for identified consumers.
• Engage participants in therapeutic activities by providing leadership, a positive morale, modeling and encouragement of appropriate social skills with and among participants and staff;
• Create well planned and thorough programming designed to benefit each participate in the social/behavioral/cognitive/physical domains.
• Provide a safe and desirable environment for all participants to include, but not be limited to:
Appropriate staff: consumer ratios, awareness of each participant’s medical, physical, social and /or behavioral needs; insure an appropriate activity environment to meet each participant’s functional level.
• Provide direct care to participants who are functionally in need of support.
• Complete required documentation of activity sessions in an accurate and timely manner, following established guidelines.
• Provide transportation as necessary.
3. Facilitate collaborative planning amongst HNNR staff to provide meaningful Lifestyle Fitness programming. Remain educated and up-to-date on personal training trends and techniques. Provide consistent communication with HNNR staff for collaboration and feedback.
3. Work with Lifestyle Fitness Lead and Supervisor in the continued development and improvement of Lifestyle Fitness Programming. Lifestyle Fitness Trainer will report directly to Clinical Supervisor. Lifestyle Fitness Lead will provide general oversight of daily operations.
4. Responsible for representing and communicating Lifestyle Fitness Products to stakeholders in the community when requested.
5. Establish and maintain professional relationships with departments in HNNR as well as with outside agencies.
6. Assist with training and mentoring of newly hired staff regarding the policies and procedures specific to Lifestyle Fitness programming.
7. Routinely monitor programming to ensure consumer goals are appropriate to current level of ability.
8. Develop group exercise programming on an annual basis. Assist with organizing special events and/or include participants in community-wide events
9. Actively participate in assigned meetings, treatment team meetings, and pertinent conferences and in-services.
10. Maintain a safe and healthy therapeutic environment, including maintenance and caring for equipment utilized in programming.
11. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation Services policy. Regional driving may be required.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Holds current certification as a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Corrective Exercise Specialist or Exercise Physiologist.
3. Demonstrates ability to communicate and complete documentation in written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrates ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional, social and vocational needs.
5. Demonstrates ability to train individuals, observe emotional, vocational and social behaviors and therapeutically adapt responses and programming to individual needs.
6. Demonstrates ability to design, implement and document individual treatment programs.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 1-3 years of experience as a fitness trainer or similar position
2. Previous experience working with individuals with TBI or disabilities preferred
3. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
4. Previous work experience required