The Crisis Case Manager I is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include coordinating the admission and discharge of each person receiving crisis residential services. Create a welcoming environment for the people served and assist the treatment team in coordinating discharge plans. Coordinate services necessary to meet consumer needs. Provide clinical and program consultation to direct care-providing staff. Ensure compliance with agency/contract standards and the practice model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Coordinate with all external providers and referral sources to ensure appropriate referrals are admitted to the program. Facilitate the coordination of the resident intake/discharge and the referral process.
3. Facilitate communication with guardians, payees, and family members with regard to resident care, financial and treatment issues.
4. Initiate treatment for each person served by welcoming them to the program, opening and maintaining their chart in the electronic medical record and orienting them to the program.
5. Utilize specific knowledge regarding corporation and department to expedite specific requests from staff and visitors.
6. Provide after hours on-call services as designated by HNBHS.
7. Participate in committees, task forces, and other related meetings and activities as assigned by supervisor.
8. Act as a liaison coordinating services among providers and referral source.
9. Provide back-up to the Crisis Social Worker, when needed performing tasks including: conducting continuing stay reviews with each referring CMH, ensuring consumer involvement in the creation and implementation of the treatment plan, completion of 14 day assessments, and coordination of care with external providers.
10. Monitor treatment plans, goals and objectives. Ensure current treatment plans and discharge criteria meet the consumers’ presenting issues.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited College or University.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal format to meet the position responsibilities.
3. Ability to work autonomously and as a team.
4. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, work efficiently, and meet demanding deadlines.
5. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
6. Current driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 1-2 years’ experience in the mental health field.
2. Experience working in an electronic medical record.
3. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.