The Employment Training Specialist is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Providing all necessary and required supported employment services to program participants. In consultation with program staff, supports coordination, guardians and employers, the supported employment specialists determine consumer’s vocational program path, and developing cooperative relationships with the employer and co-workers of the program that will encourage natural supports within the work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Manage timely completion of vocational reports. Insure that vocational services are documented completely, concisely and at intervals required by funding sources. This includes regular progress notes, activity logs and incident reports per agency guidelines.
3. Responsible for completing job retention follow up activities and job retention documentation.
4. Responsible for assessment, placement, micro-enterprise assistance, job preparation classes, and job coaching for persons served.
5. Attend periodic reviews and other meetings related to consumer treatment.
6. Develop a cooperative relationship with the employers and co-workers of the program participant that will encourage natural supports within the work environment.
7. Work with consumer to develop and implement strategies of work simplification and environmental modifications.
8. General marketing activities including presentations to groups and other face to face contacts with referral sources/potential employers.
9. Provide orientation, training and follow-up services at work sites. Provide retraining as required and needed.
10. Provide all necessary and required vocational service and retention activity to program participants that have been referred to vocational programs.
11. Monitor quality, general work performance, and coordination to make necessary adjustments to given tasks and environmental modifications to ensure consumer success.
12. Act as a role model for program participants and demonstrate solid employability skills.
13. Provide direct assistance to consumers seeking employment (job clubs, job leads, application submissions, interviewing skills, etc)
14. Monitor and collect data for program outcomes.
15. Develop goals that address on the job safety as evidenced in the IPOS. Review work site emergency procedures and provide necessary training and support.
16. Other duties as assigned for the good of the consumers, the program, the department, and the agency.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: Bachelors degree in related field or 3-5 years of related experience.
2. Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to energize and coordinate diverse populations.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with people with developmental and other disabilities.
6. Ability to be self-directed.
7. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
8. Model and implement excellent customer service skills to fellow employees, consumers, stakeholders, etc.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 3-5 years of experience in a vocational position that required job placement, employer development, vocational assessment or other related skills.
2. Previous experience working with people with disabilities.