The Crisis Program Nurse I is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Overall coordination of psychiatric and medical care provisions made for each guest in the crisis program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Complete any nursing related activities and treatment for guests
2. Complete evaluations of guests under the supervision of the physician or registered nurse
3. Provide medication information to guests
4. Complete medication reconciliation
5. Assist agency provider during guest evaluations as needed
6. Assess guests for medication effectiveness and potential side effects
7. Act as medical liaison with psychiatrist and program staff. Communicate any medication changes or treatment issues
8. Communicate with the appropriate pharmacy regarding any new medication orders
9. Communicate with staff any new or altered medications following provider evaluations and status with the pharmacy order
10. Provide leadership training to staff in coordination with the Quality & Education Department on specific medical issues relevant to the population served
11. Hold group meetings with guests to inform and teach about issues of common need or interest (i.e. medications, diet, exercise, illness, concerns, etc.)
12. Attend all clinical and team meetings as assigned
13. Follow general safety practices. Report any unsafe conditions to program leadership
14. Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff to facilitate communication, problem solving, program development, and orientation of new residents.
15. Other duties as assigned
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Prior mental health experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position requirements.
4. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the Corporation to various audiences.
5. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Integrated Recovery insurance carrier definitions.
6. Ability to work autonomously and as a team.
7. Positive attitude and communication skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior nursing experience in a mental health or rehabilitation setting preferred.
2. Experience working in an electronic medical record.
3. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.