The Chauffeur II is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: A Chauffeur II is responsible for transporting passengers in a safe and courteous manner. They are also responsible to ensure the safety of passengers, the general public and Hope Network property.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Perform job duties in a safe, courteous and professional manner in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. The ability to work variable shifts, and is available for overtime to meet service needs.
4. Maintains a safe environment by complying with traffic regulations; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations, and enforcing passenger safety/conduct rules.
5. Represents Hope Network in a professional and positive manner and ensures a positive passenger experience. Regulates heating, cooling and ventilation systems for passenger comfort. Maintains the vehicle interior in a neat condition during service operation. Keeps all passenger and manifest information confidential.
6. Assists passengers as needed or as requested. Verifies that all passengers are properly secured as required by following established policies and procedures.
7. Follows proper emergency procedures in the event of an accident, safety, and or passenger incident by following established policies and procedures.
8. Communicate incidents or any undesirable behavior of a passenger to Customer Care or Transportation Manager in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Ensures operation communications and resolutions in accordance with Federal Communications Commission guidelines by utilizing two-way radio to contacting Customer Care to timely and accurately report all irregularities, delays, accidents, incidents, requests for emergency maintenance, and safety/operation problems as they occur, preparing written report of event. Listens and complies with all communications/directions from Customer Care.
10. Maintains driving knowledge and skills by participating in safety and related training programs that are made available. Adheres to Hope Network and Transportation’s attendance policy.
11. Maintaining accurate records, assisting passengers as required including wheelchair securements, receiving and accounting for fares, radio communications, following emergency procedures, and other activities as assigned by the Operations and/or Transportation Manager.
12. Contributes to the team effort by training assigned employees, participating in problem solving methods, and maintaining a cooperative relationship with coworkers and management.
13. Fuels vehicle as necessary.
14. Complete all assigned trainings to include, Vehicle Safety, First Aid/CPR, Radio communications, Understanding MI/DD, Incident Reporting and other classes as required
15. Other departmental duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School level education preferred, but not required.
2. Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Chauffer’s license.
3. Must have acceptable driving record according to Hope Network’s insurance definitions.
4. Ability to keep mentally alert and maintain concentration.
5. Knowledge of safe driving practices.
6. Ability to understand and adhere to rules, procedures, directions and traffic regulations.
7. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
8. Must be able to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language sufficiently to perform various tasks of the job including, but not limited to; communicating with co-workers, the general public, or individuals having special physical, emotional, social and vocational needs; understanding oral and written instructions, highway traffic signs and signals, company manuals, policies and governmental regulations; and responding to questions and inquiries from management.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal and written formats.
10. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
11. Ability to operate transit vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
12. Ability to demonstrate cooperation, teamwork and communication skills necessary to accomplish the department and agency mission and goals.
13. Fuels vehicle as necessary.
14. The ability to adhere to the requirements of P.L. 104-191 (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996) and the standards issued thereunder by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and all Hope Network and Hope Network West Michigan policies and procedures resulting therefrom, regarding individually identifiable health information concerning individuals served or employed by Hope Network West Michigan.
15. Ability to pass Department of Transportation physical examination.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 2 years related job experience preferred.