The Maintenance Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of Hope Network Behavioral Health Services facilities. Maintain 24-hour emergency on-call rotation schedule. The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain facilities and equipment according to safety, predictive, and processes to support the achievement of goals and objectives to our residential programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Availability to work on an on call basis and adjust schedule as needed to meet the needs of the program(s) in all weather conditions.
3. Perform routine building and maintenance as outlined by work orders and supervisor, may be back up to the Grounds Technician.
4. Perform routine, semi-skilled maintenance tasks, including:
c. Basic electrical repair
d. Basic plumbing repair
e. Basic carpentry
f. General repairs
g. Mechanical repairs
5. Maintain an inventory of and ordering of maintenance supplies. Also responsible to maintain maintenance equipment.
6. Maintain detailed field notes as needed in working and completing tasks/work orders.
7. Report to supervisor any problems in the areas of safety, housekeeping, and facility maintenance.
8. Provide 24-hour pager coverage as outlined by supervisor.
9. Maintain familiarity with licensing, health code, Fire Marshall, CARF and Hope Network Behavioral Health Services/Hope Network safety standards.
10. Report all noted repair needs to the supervisor of maintenance.
11. Special Project work and other duties as assigned.
Addendum for Essential Functions if Applicable for multiple departments:
1. Pro-active problem solving skills and advance maintenance techniques to prevent equipment malfunction.
2. Ability to design and follow through on preventative maintenance programs including recording of appropriate records.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School diploma.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
3. Physical ability to perform assigned tasks outdoor in all types of weather – including, but not limited to, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, twisting and lifting (at least 50 pounds).
4. Demonstrated ability to perform routine semi-skilled maintenance tasks
5. Knowledge of hand and power tools to perform routine semi-skilled maintenance tasks.
6. Current driver’s license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Behavioral Health Services insurance carrier definitions.
7. Reliable transportation.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. General building maintenance and repairs experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of equipment necessary to perform maintenance duties.
3. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry is preferred.
4. Ability to use miscellaneous office equipment (calculators, computers, fax machines, copiers, etc.)